Thursday, March 24, 2011

Down for the COUNT @ 28 weeks...

So I had a Dr's appointment yesterday and was told that I was to be on full bed rest from here on out. My cervix is already thinning and the Dr said that, at this rate, I would have the babies in 3 weeks...that's way TOO early! Also, my baby girls umbilical cord is loose (possibly from her playing with it) which puts her at high risk for getting wrapped around the cord...really frightening but I need to continue to have faith.

On the brighter side, the boy is already 3 lbs and the little girl is right behind him at 2.5 lbs. Of course this is a good approximation but it just shows that the baby girl is growing at a good pace.

So for now...you will find me either laying on my left or right side, eating the delicious (nutritous) snacks my great friends have been dropping by, and watching/reading whatever I can find interesting at this point.

I feel so blessed and overwhelmed by the love and support that has been shown over the past 24 hours since word got out...thank you xoxo

4 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

We love you Carrie!!! :) and can't wait to meet these two cute babies of yours but we can wait.. lets keep them in there a bit longer. :)

KickButtMommy said...

Do you have Netflix Streaming? There are lots of good TV series on there. I really liked Lie To Me Season 1 and 2. That will keep you busy for a few days anyway. :)

Melinda said...

Good job getting this far!!! Let me if you need anything!!!

Marci said...

I wish I lived closer and could help you out. Just know that I am thinking of you and your sweet babies! Hang in there Carrie. Love you.